Re: elvis: uses /var/tmp/vi.recover instead of /var/preserve

Hi,

This is (most of) the bug report for bug #13176 for the elvis package:

> Package: elvis
> Version: 2.0-8
>
> Hi!
>
> elvis and the other vi-clones use /var/tmp/vi.recover for the backup of
> crashed sessions. I've read in the Linux FSSTD that these files should go
> into /var/preserve instead. So it is possible to clean /var/tmp on system
> boot or so.

If this is true, should the base-files package include this directory
/var/preserve ? I think it could have the same permissions as /tmp .

Should I file a bug against base-files?

Remco