Re: Gratuitous promotion of random binaries to standard

joost@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl (joost witteveen) writes:

> > > No.

James, thank you very much for your most convincing and thorough
explanation of your reasons why you don't approve of my proposal.
I just love such verbosity in discussions.  ;-)

> According to debian policy, every "normal" package should have priority
> "optional", unless
>   - it's installation may cause problems with other packages,
>     or do very strange things that really only very few people want.
>     In this case it should be extra,
>   - There are reasons to make it standard or higher priority.
> As there are no convincing reasons to make mc "extra", it should
> therefor have "optional" priority.

Joost, you have convinced me.  And in the end i think that MC being
"optional" is good enough.
                             Thank you, P. *8^)
--
   Paul Seelig                         pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de