Re: boot-floppies package

On 10-Feb-98 Juan Cespedes wrote:
>On Mon, Feb 09, 1998 at 04:50:38PM +0000, Enrique Zanardi wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 09, 1998 at 06:14:32PM +1030, Mark Mickan wrote:
>> > I'm trying to build the boot-floppies using the boot-floppies
>> > package and seem to be missing a few files. The script
>> > 'rootdisk.sh' refers to soinit.so, sofini.so, and interp.so, all
>> > of which should be in /usr/lib/libc_pic, but that directory
>> > doesn't even exist.
>>
>> That is a bug in libc6-pic, and it has already been reported.
>>
>> > Where do I find the required files?
>>
>> They will be included in the next version of libc6-pic. Also,
>> you can build them yourself form libc6 debianized sources.

Done. (Thanks Enrique)

>       Do you know how?  Do you have any patches for libc6?
>
>       Thanks.
>
>--
>Juan Cespedes

1) Download the source package from your nearest Debian mirror (3 files)
2) Unpack it with 'dpkg-source -x glibc_2.0.6-3.dsc'
3) cd glibc-2.0.6/
4) Build it with 'dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot' or equivalent command
    (I think 'debian/rules binary' would probably be enough actually)
5) You should now have the three files in 'builddir/' and 'builddir/elf/'

OR (to save hours of compiling and 125 Mb or so of disk space)

Download the files from
         http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mmickan/debian/