Re: Oops! Java VP's missing (was Re: Virtual Packages)

[You (Christian Schwarz)]
>The java VP's which have been added to the list on Jan 7, 97 and have been
>dropped again on Mar 15, 97 again :-) are these:

>java-base-libs          Any implementation of the basic class libraries
>java-awt-libs           Any implementation of the Abstract Window Toolkit
>java-compiler           Any java source to bytecode compiler
>java-virtual-machine    Anything providing a java virtual machine
>java-appletviewer       Anything that can display java applets
>
>It would be good to hear from a java-package expert which packages are
>really needed now. (I've seen several proposal so far.)

I hate to sound like a broken record, and I'm just catching up here to
debian-devel, but I think we need to implment virtual packages to track
the standards versions.  Nothing else is very meaningful IMO.

> When someone sets
>up a new proposal for java/vrml/whether VP's, please add a list of
>packages which will Provide or Depend/Conflict/Suggest/... the VP's. It's
>current policy that we only add new VP's to the list, if they are really
>used by packages.

Sorry I don't have time to do this.