Re: Possible new name for "deity"

At 06:36 +0000 1998-02-28, bruce@va.debian.org wrote:
>Oh come on. Why call it Deity when you can just call it "God". Deity
>isn't arrogant enough :-)

I have another reason to avoid the name "deity", people can't spell it
correctly. If I had a dollar for every time I've seen it called "diety"...

I also don't like the name trove. Here's why: When I think of a trove, I
think of a collection of items; a package manager isn't a collection of
items, it manages items.

adam is a good name for an administration tool, but Deity is only a package
manager, therefore using adam as a name for it is a waste. "packrat" is
good.

My idea is "dusk"  (Package Manager == PM, "the sun has set on package
managers", etc.).

--
Joel "Espy" Klecker    Debian GNU/Linux Developer    <mailto:jk@espy.org>
<http://espy.org/>                               <ftp://ftp.espy.org/pub>