Re: On new names for "Deity"

On 1 Mar 1998 bruce@va.debian.org wrote:

> My original suggestion was "PM". I even got an OK from Red Hat on that!
> Brian and Behan thought it was too short, but if you want an acronym
> it's pretty good.

The longer I hear it, the more I like it.  This also goes along with
Dale's suggestion of "upm" (adding universal).  If someone wants another
letter, make it recursive or think of another description (e.g. if it's
unix specific, uupm).

Bruce, I do appoligise for cluttering the mailing list with this.  My free
time tends to come in lumps, so I don't want to maintain a package for
fear of turning around and orphaning it.  I do follow deb-devel in hopes
of having the time one day, and because of my involvement with the testing
group (why do I keep getting marked as the director of that group on the
contacts page?).

Brandon

-----
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu>   "We all know linux is great... it
PGP: finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu          does infinite loops in 5 seconds"
Phone: (757) 221-4847                      --Linus Torvalds