Re: AfterStep

[You (Matt Thompson)]
>OK, I just updated, and v1.4 overwrote 1.0, and I *HATE* it!  I removed it
>and went back to 1.0.  Would it be too much trouble to have both versions
>available? I'll have to go through every package and choose -not- to
>install v1.4 now every time I update through dselect, rather that just
>letting it do its thing.

Did the maintainers change on this package?  It looked dodgy to me; the
maintainer address had changed but there was no mention in the changelog
of new maintainer or that it was a non-maintainer release.

I wouldn't mind a comment here from the 1.0 maintainer,
Neil A. Rubin <nar5@po.cwru.edu>.

Sometimes it bugs me that any registered debian developer can replace any
package at their whim....  Well it makes me careful about what I upgrade,
at least.  Oh well.