Intent to package Pd and Gem

Pd is a Computer Music system with a graphical programming language
interface. It uses data flow graphs to control digital sound and
MIDI messages.

Gem is a loadable library for pd which uses pd's "boxes and lines"
programming paradigm to do OpenGl graphics.

Together they form a powerful multimedia environment.

As I am the maintainer of the Linux port of pd and gem, the newest
versions are available at <ftp://iem.mhsg.ac.at/pub/pd> and should
compile well on a Debian hamm system.

Although the system is still beta, I believe it is really a killer for
doing sound processing (as well as easy graphics).

It is not GPL'd, but the copyright should be ok for our purpose.

Guenter