Re: On new names for "Deity"

bruce@va.debian.org wrote:

> > Fine. Then stop wasting time with drivel about "trying to shame
> > people into doing more productive work".
>
> Well, I agree it didn't go over well. However I still find it damned
> annoying that nobody's reading Jason's documents and nobody's volunteering
> to help with the programming of this thing they are so aeager to name.

Ok, now I am starting to feel marginalized.

I suppose it doesn't count that I've read them.  I posted that to the
deity list 2 days ago.  (Granted I'm assuming you read my posting, but
since you feel you can talk with such authority, I think that's a fair
assumption).

We also have somebody new who has proposed to add the code base from his
admin tool to deity.  That's a new programmer on board.

Sure, these are small steps, but they don't warrant your comments about
"nobody's reading Jason's documents" and "nobody's volunteering to help
with the programming" because clearly these statements are not true.

I'm sorry Bruce.  I have been a great supporter of you in the past, but
I am starting to loose my patience.  In this particular case you are
becoming more of a hinderance than help.  I'm sure you feel you are
helping, but I can assure you that you are not.

Lets call a spade a spade.  You are not part of the Deity project.
Unless you want to pull rank, your ideas and comments count no more than
anyone else in the Debian project (quite frankly, since you are no
longer the leader of the Debian project, I don't think you have the
authority to pull rank anyways).  I think you have posted far more than
your fair share of opinions on this topic.  I think we all understand
your feelings on this issue.  Now stop kicking a dead horse.  You
yourself are causing most of the noise of which you are complaining.

Yes, you have done a lot for the Debian project.  I concede that.
That's great.  In fact I wish I could do as much. But most of what you
listed was in the past.  Brian's point is what are you doing right
_now_.  Since you are concerned with what developpers are doing _now_
and since you seem to have so much to do, why aren't you off doing those
other things.  I'm sure we can manage on our own without being
micro-managed.

Sheesh.

I could make some comment about a pointy haired boss, but I'm sure that
wouldn't be appropriate.

Behan "Feeling awfully pushed and unmotivated at this point" Webster

--
Behan Webster     mailto:behanw@verisim.com
+1-613-224-7547   http://www.verisim.com/