Re: Why "daemon" is not like "deity"

> But is it religous intolerance? So far, I have just seen your
> word on that. Is anyone's religious sensibility actually hurt?

Ian Murdock, founder of Debian, is Catholic. He found the name
"presumptuous". That's fair and accurate IMO. I can poll some
religious people in Linux circles if necessary. My suggestions
would be Simon Shapiro and Brian Sparks.

> Who just does not have enough arrogance to suppose that he
> Speaks With The Voice Of The People (TM)

I have to function as what you might call an "opinion-leader". It's
part of the job.

	Thanks

	Bruce