Re: On new names for "Deity"

From: Behan Webster <behanw@verisim.com>
> Sure.  I agree I should read them, and I did.  But you saying "nobody's
> reading Jason's documents" makes it sound like even the Deity project
> members haven't read them.

The message was posted to debian-devel, not deity.

> Strictly speaking, what you said was not true.

Point conceded.

> However, it troubles me that you got somebody to volunteer to program
> for the project, and then can turn around and say "nobody's volunteering
> to help with the programming".

The message was posted to debian-devel. None of our 300+ people are
volunteering and I have to recruit people from other distributions!

Again, I do not mean to diminish your contribution or demotivate you.

My concerns are increasingly with Debian's marketing. I've done well
in issues like the Official CD and the DFSG, but I find that asking
hackers to do marketing is like asking cats to swim. I think it's time
for us to assemble a marketing group that can speak with some authority
on these issues and collaborate with the technical group to increase
our user community.

	Thanks

	Bruce