Re: [Stefan Waldherr <swa@cs.cmu.edu>] new urw-fonts-1.0-0.noarch.rpm

On Wed, Mar 04, 1998 at 10:37:46AM -0800, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
> Name        : urw-fonts                   Distribution: (none)
> Version     : 1.0                               Vendor: URW
> Release     : 0                             Build Date: Thu Feb 26 10:50:14 1998
> Install date: (none)                        Build Host: robot-home.learning.cs.cmu.edu
> Group       : X11                           Source RPM: urw-fonts-1.0-0.src.rpm
> Size        : 2232943
> Summary     : More fonts for X
> Description :
>
> Free versions of the 35 standard PostScript fonts. With newer releases
> of ghostscript quality versions of the standard 35 Type 1 PostScript
> fonts are shipped. They were donated and licenced under the GPL by
> URW. The fonts.dir was specially made to match the original Adobe
> names of the fonts, e.g. Times, Helvetica etc. With XFree86, these
> fonts are a must to have!

Aren't these fonts already in ghostscript (and in the debian
package gs-fonts-4.01)? If not I offer to package them and to
release them with the next version of dtm (someone tried it?)

P.S. I have almost finished the LaTeX support, give me a week
and we'll have PS fonts automatically installed and used by TeX!

Ciao,

* Federico Di Gregorio  |  /      *-=$< ;-) TeX Wizard?            *
* Debian developer!     | / -1    pgp: finger fog@perosa.alpcom.it *
* <friend of penguins>  |/        try http://www.debian.org        *
******************DE 9E B2 75 B4 F6 CC 5B  C3 D5 71 51 04 AB F3 B2**