Re: what harm can MS do to free software anyway?

On 5 Mar 1998, Mark W. Eichin wrote:

> they can destroy our freedom from the hardware side, which is why the
> Open Hardware Initiative (I think that's the right name, it's one of
> Bruce Perens' inventions) is more important than it might first appear...

yes, the Open Hardware project is one of bruce's great contributions.  it's
also an example of a *good* use of marketing.

anyway, i don't think they can *destroy* freedom. at worst, they might
make it more difficult for a while....until the protocols have been
decoded and reverse-engineered.  we've got all the time in the world...MS
haven't.

craig

--
craig sanders