Re: dynamic DNS

> > I know this is not important, but wouldn't it be cool? :-)  The benefits are
> > the donations from users, and yet another incentive for becoming a developer.
> > However, the latter can be viewed as a bad thing, since we really don't want
> > someone becoming a developer just to get the hostname....
>
> So add modefyers to that, so only developers in good standing can get one.
> Ie: those who activly maintain there packages ... (betcha this would
> shrink the WNPP list _REAL_ fast. :)

Well, the problem is defining that very statement.  We are having problems
tracking of who is in good standing at the moment.  I don't think the number
of open bugs can be the criterion.  I know that someone is working on
developing ways to find "virtual" maintainers.  Hopefully, this will make
debian keyring contain the keys of active maintainers only, and then debian
keyring would be used as a way to check whether the person is indeed a
contributor to debian.

> > What does everyone think?  I know I am not the only one longing for a
> > debian.org hostname :)
>
> I think this is a great Idea ... anyone have the know-how/software to do
> this? ... I would realy like to have a debian.org hostname ... (IE:
> petra.debian.org or petra.dyn.debian.org)

Well, the developers.debian.org part is not hard at all.  I know that many of
us work for/own isp's.  I am sure someone would love to provide their services
in this matter ;-)

--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@digicron.com