Re: Need some Linux+Pilot users to package existing software

On 6 Mar 1998, Steve Dunham wrote:

> I'm taking a look at the pilot-prc stuff (gcc, binutils, et al).  So
> far it doesn't seem too painful to compile, but I have to make sure
> everything works first.
>
> I also have to make decisions about where to put stuff.  binutils
> wants to install /usr/bin/m68k-palmos-coff-* which clutters /usr/bin
> up.  Some of the utilities are also in /usr/m68k-palmos-coff/bin so I
> may just leave the /usr/bin ones out.
>
> What do our other cross compilers do?

The debian/m68k cross compiler creates /usr/m68k-linux and also creates
the m68k-linux tools in /usr/bin.  I believe this is considered the proper
way to build and install a cross-compiler suite for maximum integration
with autoconf/automake generated packages.

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/