e2compr (was: Re: Essential pacakges)

At 03:37 +0100 1998-03-09, Richard Braakman wrote:
>This is in fact the plan for e2compr; or rather, it was on Nov 17 1997.
>I guess the maintainer never got around to it, or is waiting for something
>else.
>
>In any case, e2compr will never make it into hamm as-is.  It's too buggy.

I'd go as far as to call it dangerous, e2compr should really be in
experimental, IMHO. Just recently, the latest e2compr update required that
every compressed file be uncompressed before upgrading (and required that a
small part of the fs be zeroed).

--
Joel "Espy" Klecker    Debian GNU/Linux Developer    <mailto:jk@espy.org>
<http://espy.org/>                               <ftp://ftp.espy.org/pub>