Re: Perl CPAN<->dpkg connectivity?

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> wrote:
>  I am talking about distribution (non-free, contrib, main); sections,
>  pre-depends vs depends vs recommends, and which packages have to have
>  a relationship with etc.

It might be possible to deal with distribution and sections by assigning
a distribution to cpan (or maybe a broader "unchecked" distribution),
and using cpan's classification scheme (e.g. cpan-user-interfaces, or
maybe User_Interfaces, or even 08_User_Interfaces).

There's still a few issues to worry about (like DFSG and the whole set
of cdrom release issues).. But it would still be nice to see debian and
cpan dovetail.

--
Raul