Currrent plan with kerberos, package divisions and compilation options

I'm trying to partition kerberos into packages, and finding some divisions I
want to make are somewhat tough. Here's my best guess, though I'm not sure.

The libraries pretty much have to either be all in one package, or each in
separate package. There are no other useful groupings; I intend to build with
--program-transform-name=s/^k*/k/ so /usr/bin/des becomes /usr/bin/kdes, for
example. Are there any remaining conflicts? /usr/lib/libdes.so?

I also want to avoid using these package names exactly. I want to put "kth"
somewhere in the package name so that if one day we package MIT Kerberos or
Sun Kerberos, or some other version we can make virtual package names.
But I'm still not sure where to stick the "kth", libkrb4-kth-dev gets a bit
unwieldy, and the -dev will get cut off in dselect.

Oh, and the shared libraries are built without an soname or version number, I
intend to use an soname of 4 and version of 4.0.9.8.980221 which will be the
version of the package. It's based on the 980221 snapshot which will be
followed by a 0.9.9. Or should I make it an soname of 4.0 or 4.1 ? in case
they make incompatible library changes one day?

I plan to compile the package without AFS or OTP support unless people say
they want either of them. If I compile them then then everyone has to install
the shared libraries they produce since they're used by the user binaries.

Lastly, some programs and libraries aren't needed or conflict with native
programs of the same name. The compile_et/libcom_err is a different version
and i'm just sort of crossing my fingers that it'll be ok ok if I link with
the native one. It seems to work. The libss is a radically different version
that is also installed as libsl, i'll just install it as libsl. I've compiled
with readline so libeditline is unneeded. And I'm not sure what libacl.a is.

Here are the interesting options I'm currently configuring with:

 --without-afs-support
 --disable-otp
 --with-berkeley-db
 --with-readline
 --with-x
 --with-shared
 --program-transform-name='s/^k*/k/'

The remaining options are
 --disable-mmap
 --with-cracklib
 --enable-random-mkey

Here are the package divisions I was planning:

libkrb4:
  /usr/lib/libkrb.so
  /usr/lib/libdes.so
  /usr/lib/libkadm.so (needed by kpasswd, kadmin, kadmind)
  /usr/lib/libsl.so   (only used by kadmin)
  /usr/lib/libkdb.so  (only used by server stuff)

libkrb4-dev:
  ... (headers, static libs)

kerberos4-doc:
  ... (rfcs, papers, info file)