Re: About the Hamm Freeze

On Mon, Mar 16, 1998 at 01:01:17PM -0500, Brian White wrote:
> Because of this, there was a small window where uploads were made expecting
> to make it into Hamm before the freeze.  If your package did not make it,
> then the easiest thing to do is to reupload it to Incoming with a distribution
> of "frozen unstable" on the first line of the "changelog" file.  Also be
> sure the changelog states very clearly what has changed.  I'll be trying
> to limit changes in Hamm to bug-fixes only.  All critical, grave, and
> important bugs _must_ be marked as done before a packages will be allowed
> into Hamm.

I uploaded a new version of www-sql (with binary packages www-mysql
and the new DFSG-free www-pgsql) on Saturday to chiark. Now it's not
going to make it because of the master problems and because I uploaded
it to master as well yesterday (and only because it seemed to be taking
a while to make it from chiark). Am I now to miss out because it's
a new version with not just bug fixes?

> is much better than a "long and drawn out process".  The removal has
> been announced weekly for at least the last 4 weeks, so everybody should
> have known what was about to happen.

In this case the new version was only released about a week and a half
ago and it took the upstream author and me that week to track down
a problem I had with the built binaries.

argh,

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt       Mobile: +61 412 011 176       hamish@rising.com.au

Rising Software Australia Pty. Ltd.
Developers of music education software including Auralia & Musition.
31 Elmhurst Road, Blackburn, Victoria Australia, 3130
Phone: +61 3 9894 4788  Fax: +61 3 9894 3362  USA Toll Free: 1-888-667-7839
Internet: http://www.rising.com.au/