Re: XFree86 3.3.2 status report.

On Wed, Mar 25, 1998 at 12:29:40AM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> > Sorry for the delay.  A build/crash/start-over cycle of time of between two
> > and two and a half hours is not fun, and I don't feel good about hitting
> > master's drives so hard.  On the bright side, I can only get better at
> > wrestling this monster.
>
> Maybe you should try it on va?  It has a faster processor.  Also less load, as
> it isn't the web server, nor cgi server.

I discusssed this with Jason Gunthorpre, one of the debian-admins, and it
was decided that my compiling would have less impact if it took place on
master.  Besides which, even if va has a P2-333 (overclocked to 416, even),
it might not help that much.  The X compile is essentially disk bound.
Bunches and bunches of little tiny files.

--
G. Branden Robinson                 |
Purdue University                   | Mob rule isn't any prettier just because