Re: XFree86 3.3.2-1 ... come and get it, boys

On Wed, Mar 25, 1998 at 06:11:08PM -0600, Alex Romosan wrote:
> there is a problem with the xlib6_3.3.2-1_i386.deb installed in
> frozen, it is actually linked against libc6. this is bad. so branden,
> were the altgcc and libc5-altdev packages installed on master when you
> compiled the x libraries. looks like they weren't. sorry, but you'll
> have to recompile this again. in the mean time people can use
> xlib6_3.3.2-0_i386.deb from caliban.lbl.gov in /pub/debian/xlib.

Thanks for the diagnosis.  This cause hadn't yet occurred to me.  The rules
and create-compat-* scripts look fine, and I know you had a successful
build, so I was really starting to get puzzled.  I'll try this.

It doesn't help that the build, in addition to the system resources it
takes, generates a 4.4 megabyte log file (dpkg-buildpackage's output).

If we ever have a vote on source dependencies, put me down in support.
That's the second build of -1 that bombed or was screwed up by packages not
being installed on master.

Also, I note that several of these sh scripts in debian/ are missing the -e
flag.  That's going on my List.

Let me again express my thanks to you, Alex.  When I'm done firefighting
the c/s/i bugs against XFree, I'll be offering you a place on my X Strike
Force.  (I've got to make it sound like an honor or no one will volunteer!
:) ).

--
G. Branden Robinson                 |  The only way to get rid of a temptation
Purdue University                   |  is to yield to it.