Re: autoup.sh

In article <[🔎] m0yI0fs-000inoC@bobspc>,
Bob Hilliard <hilliard@metrolink.net> wrote:
>On  Wed, 25 Mar 1998 13:24:57 -0800 you wrote:
>> Here is a new and improved version of autoup.sh, hopefully it does the
>> right thing with regards to selecting an ftp program.  Apparently
>> there are some other issues as well, but I'm not sure about other
>> things.
>
>     It appears that your version still does not get $PKGS_LIBC5 in
>the ftp function.  I have just mailed Craig another copy of the diffs
>to fix this.  Attached is another copy of them.

Still no go. 2 things go wrong:

1. Can't find /usr/bin/ncftpftp. I think this can be fixed by using
   FTPFUNC=`basename $FTP`ftp instead of FTPFUNC="$FTP"ftp

2. So I commented out NCFTP and used plain ftp. Now:

   Can't find /home/staff/miquels/tmp/devel/libgdbmg1_*.deb!
   aborting upgrade.

   That's because libgdbmg1_*.deb is in base/, not in devel/

Mike.
--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
    miquels@cistron.nl  |   eventually eliminating it.