Re: XFree86 3.3.2-2 and xlib6

On Thu, Mar 26, 1998 at 01:06:39AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> XFree86 3.3.2-2 has been uploaded to master, for those affected by the
> xlib6 bad-build bug.
>
> Those who do not have access to master (it does not allow anonymous ftp)
> and cannot wait for dinstall to take care of it, the xlib6 .deb *only* is
> available at:
>
> http://master.debian.org/~branden/xlib6_3.3.2-2_i386.deb

I couldn't wait for dinstall, so I've installed this package myself. Now I
have the following message from Netscape 4.04 (that is a libc5 program):
> netscape: locale `C' not supported.
>
>         If the $XNLSPATH directory does not contain the proper config files,
>         Netscape will crash the first time you try to paste into a text
>         field.  (This is a bug in the X11R5 libraries against which this
>         program was linked.)
>
>         Since neither X11R4 nor X11R6 come with these config files, we have
>         included them with the Netscape distribution.  The normal place
>         for these files is /usr/X386/lib/X11/nls/.
>     If you can't create that
>         directory, you should set the $XNLSPATH environment variable to
>         point at the place where you installed the files.

And then "Bus error". I didn't have this message before when I had the libc5
libraries from stable xlib6 (xlib6_3.3-4.deb), but I had completely the same
behaviour with XFree 3.3.1 (pre-frozen version). Now I'll have to put the
stable libraries back (for the third time in four days :-( ). Should I report
this as a bug?

Thanks!

  --- Shurik.