Re: Hamm frozen, Slink created

Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> wrote:
|Hard links would specially help with the msdos directory, as several
|dos/windows ftp clients don't follow symlinks and the user ends up with a
|bunch of zero length files.
|
|What's the penalty Guy?

Prohibitive, as others explained.

But what about reversing the direction of the links?  Long names can
be groked by UNIX, as well as the symlink semantics.  So put the files
under their MSDOS names and create symlinks from the UNIX tree back to
the MSDOS tree.  Should really make life easier for CD users as well
(at least I wished I had this option back when I installed 1.3).

Cheers,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL        amos@gezernet.co.il |                     -- Anonymous