Re: I can't connect modem

tgarciago wrote:

> I've got Netscape,  Internet server, Modem and Debian's CD.
> I want to know how to do to connect Internet .
> Thank you.
>
> --

Connecting to te internet involves a little work.  First have
you signed up with an ISP of your choice?  (This is Necessary)

I'm in the process of writing a paper about the internet and a html
version is on my web page.

Suggested packages that you should have on your system are:

ppp
minicom
dns and bind

Most ISP's use ppp protocal for their isp.  You should have
ppp installed on your system.

The next step is to manually contact your ISP with minicom to
manually connect to your ISP.  This will give you all of the prompts
that your ISP generates.  This is important for every ISP generates
different prompts for you to respond to.

The last and final thing that I like to have set up on a system is
a DNS caching server.  With this I run my own DNS lookups and don't
always have to depend on the ISP's DNS server.

For more information read:

   ISP-Hookup-HOWTO.gz
       Usually located in /user/doc/HOWTO/

If you have any furthur questions please ask.
--
          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037