Re: tcsh should be removed from hamm

Quoting Dave Burnett (daveb@physics.arizona.edu):
> 	I'm the sysadmin that John Lapeyre mentioned in the original post to
> this thread.  Steve seems to be on to something here.  I've noticed that
> the runaway tcsh processes are coming from users doing one of two
> things.  First off, please note that the machines that are having the
> problem are NIS mounted to a DEC Alpha running Digital Unix.
>
> 1) Users who are using the default DEC .cshrc file and may not be
> cleanly logging out...
>
> 2) Users who are logging in via dialup and running slirp sessions.

I sometimes see these runaway tcsh's on my hamm system. There are no NFS
shares. No one logs in remotely except me, and only via TCP. The best
common denominator I've seen is that it happens in X--I haven't been
able to narrow it down more than that. I also haven't had one in the
last couple of weeks.

--
Michael Stone, Sysadmin, ITRI     PGP: key 1024/76556F95 from mit keyserver,
mstone@itri.loyola.edu            finger, or email with "Subject: get pgp key"