Re: Netscape sources

On 1 Apr 1998, Paul Seelig wrote:

[...]

> I tried compiling it using "lesstifg-dev-1:0.83-2", "gcc-2.7.2.3-3"
> and "libc6-dev-2.0.7pre1-4", but didn't succeed producing any
> binaries.  A "make -k" resulted into four major errors, all obviously
> based on the same problem:
>
> ----------------------snip------------------------------

[problems finding XmDropSiteXXX ]

> Somebody knows a fix for this?

Those functions are defined in DropSMgr.h so I added the following line
to ns/cmd/xfe/Microline3.0/XmL/Grind.c

   #include <Xm/DropSMgr.h>

Also mozilla is trying to link with /usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.a in the
final stage. This is not provided by the debian lesstif package so
i just made sure it tried to link with the shared lib instead by
putting the following line in ns/cmd/xfe/Makefile, after the lines
trying where its trying to find out what to use by itself (around
line 600):

   MOTIFLIB = -lXm

I think thats about it. Its still running here after 5 minutes of
careful browsing. But dont use the menues. :)

Using 2.1.91 I had to convince the makefiles to define -DLINUX2_0
somewhere. I did that by changing line 88 in config/Linux.mk to
the following. But you may not have that problem anyway.

    ifeq ($(OS_RELEASE),2.1)

I think that is about it. It's still running after 10 minutes of
careful browsning. But whatever you do, don't touch the menues. :)

Im sure there are better ways to fix these problems but I was mostly
interested in getting something to exec after downloading the sources.

/Bjorn

[5 mins later]
Now lesse...how do I put my own spinner in there... *tap, tap, tap*

- - - - umop apisdn 'sdoo - - - -
Bjorn Isaksson <bjorn@mdc.umu.se>