Dependencies on libg++-dev

Hi Fabrizio, Ulf,

Currently, the libdb2++ and libsidplay1-dev packages are the only ones that
depend on the virtual libg++-dev package.

In the past, upstream libg++ (e.g. libg++27) contained both the C++ standard
library and the GNU specific C++ classes. Currently, upstream libg++
contains only the GNU specific classes; it is no longer being maintained.
Upstream libstdc++ (for which we have the virtual "libstdc++-dev" package)
consists only of the C++ standard library (including STL).

Thus, the meaning of that virtual package "libg++-dev" is currently unclear.
I suspect that in both of your cases, "libstdc++-dev" would do to. Please
change your packages to use that, so that I can remove the "Provides:
libg++" from libstdc++2.8-dev.

Greetings,
Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go