Re: Are we shipping 2.0 with ipmasq in the default kernel?

On Wed, Apr 15, 1998 at 05:02:39PM +0000, Rev. Joseph Carter wrote:

> > The thing is that I had a prefectly working IPmasq setup, with rules
> > changed in ip-up and ip-down.
>
> hmm, now there's an idea.  Since I don't use diald or similar, I just set
> the rules static.

I do use diald, and set the rules static (if I didn't do so, then other
computers wouldn't be able to get the computer to dial, which seems to ruin
the whole point to me).

You might need to change the rules in the ip-up if you have dynamic IP, but
only the ones concerned with spoofing protection; the basic ones don't need
to know about your real IP address.

FWIW I never got those rules to work anyway.