Re: X11_release_note.txt

On Thu, Apr 16, 1998 at 02:06:24PM -0400, Igor Grobman wrote:
> While working on the install doc, I noticed X11_release_note.txt which
> is a note for debian X users with non-US keyboards.  That note
> seems to be a *little* outdated.  Would someone with knowledge
> of the issues care to update it, or if no update is needed,
> at least change the versions of the packages etc.

The note is intended for those users upgrading from Xfree 3.1 to Xfree
3.2. There's no problem with upgrading from Xfree 3.2 to 3.3.

Also, I think that "upgrade" information doesn't belong to boot-floppies
at all. There should be an "upgrade-HOWTO" somewhere in the FTP archive
( debian/ , debian/dists/hamm or debian/dists/hamm/main look like the
best candidates ) and in the official CDs. That document has been
suggested a few times on this list, but I don't remember if someone
decided to work on it.

--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es