Re: Licensing, was elvis package

Shaya Potter <spotter@kby.netmedia.net.il> wrote:
> I apologize in advance for anyone who thinks I'm trolling, but wouldn't that
> fail the discrimination part of the DFSG?

Richard has oversimplified that clause. It really says that you can't
distribute such a binary with the "commonly available" non-free
component.

In any event, the discrimination isn't on who gets to use the software,
but on what exceptions are being made to the "source code availability
is required when you distribute binaries" clause. In all cases where
it's ok to distribute, you can distribute to anyone.

The discrimination part of the DFSG is about making sure that you can
distribute to anyone.

[If you already understood that then, yes, you were trolling.]

--
Raul