Re: Intent to package pine-src

Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> wrote:
> What is your point? The .deb packaging of source doesn't deal with source
> dependencies any better than the current source package.

Sure it does.  You put the dependencies on the Depends: line of the
control file.

> > > There is no current declared method for this, and that makes
> > > implimentation difficult, specially when most developers have what
> > > they need for their packages and don't typically think about the
> > > problem any further than that.

> > Please don't blame the developers for not using a system which hasn't
> > been designed or implemented.  That sort of thing is unecessarily
> > dogmatic.

> I don't know where you got this from.

"... specially when most developers have what they need for their
packages and don't typically think about the problem further than that."

> I was under the impression that I was discusing what might be done
> with the current source package format. I see no blame intended
> in what I wrote. Why must all discusions of this type necessarily
> degenerate into name calling?

Good question.

I think part of the problem is ambiguity. Another part is
misunderstandings. [These sometimes overlap, and sometimes don't.]

--
Raul