Re: Run away TCSH

Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> I recall there being a discussion on this some time ago, I just noticed on
> master,
	There is a bit of dicussion on it in the bug system.  I
corresponded with the debian mainainter (Luis Gonzales) and the upstream
author.  They think it is a pretty tough problem.  I spent several hours
on it myself, but I don't have the skills/time required to fix it.  I
made a fix that works in some circumstances , but not all, and I am not
sure it didn't break something else.
	Luis tried to upload a  fix (from a debian maintainer) to chiark,
but it got lost. I can't find it. Luis inquired about it a while ago and
was instructed to wait.  From the discussion on the fix, I doubt it will
work, but I'll test it as soon as I see the package.
	If anyone's interested, I put detailed instructions in bug reports
on how to produce it.  Also I think I sent instructions on how to get it
to occur under gdb (I had to use the 'attach' command) .

	John

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>