Re: magicfilter and /etc

> Is there some good reason why all of the printer filters need
> to be installed in /etc?  The magicfilter filters, in particular,
> make /etc/ much bigger than it might be otherwise.  (I understand
> I can remove that which I don't need; this is a question about
> the optimum default configuration.)

  There are also some other things which really not belong into /etc. For
example the Filsystem Hirarchy Standards says that no executable files
should go there, but 'filter.ps' and 'filter.pcl' still are executable. In
my opinion they should rather go to /usr/lib.

--
PGP key via email or finger eitz@jonathan.weh.rwth-aachen.de
New PGP key (RSA & DSS) since Jan. 21 1998 ++++ ICQ: 2882018