Re: Package proposal.

Hi,

Ean Schuessler <ean@novare.net> writes:
> I would like to package the Oracle/Olivetti Virtual Network Computer.

     Someone has already advised that this has been packaged already.

> This would be my first package, any advice on getting started?

     1.  Read the Debian Developer's Reference, the Debian Policy
Manual, and the Debian Packaging Manual from (virtual) cover to cover,
not once, but several times.  Many things that are confusing on the
first reading, become clear and obvious on the second (or fifth)
reading.

     2.  Subscribe to the debian-mentors mailing list.

     3.  Obtain a copy of the collection of debian/rules files that
Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> has made available.  I
believe they can be downloaded from the Debian web page.  If you can't
find them, ask on the mentors list.

     4.  Don't hesitate to ask for help on deb-mentors.  That's what
it's for.

     Have Fun,

Bob
--