Intent to package GSL

Hi,

As soon as my registration as a debian maintainer is completed, I intend
to package GSL, the GNU Scientific Library.  From gsl-ref.info:

   The GNU Scientific Library (GSL) is a collection of routines for
   numerical analysis.  The routines are written from scratch by the GSL
   team (*note Contributors to GSL::.) in C, and are meant to present a
   modern Applications Programming Interface (API) for C programmers, while
   allowing wrappers to be written for very high level languages.

   As of 13 May 1998, the complete packages are the random number suite
   (*note Random number generation::.), the FFT package (*note FFTs::.),
   the simulated annealing package (*note Simulated Annealing::.) and the
   root finding package (*note Root finding::.).  Work is under way on a
   special function library and numerical integration.

As implied by the name, GSL is released under the GPL.

Mike Booth
Michael J. Booth     booth@planck.pha.jhu.edu    (410) 516-5164/-7329 (fax)
Physics Department,  Johns Hopkins University,   Baltimore, MD 21218-2686
pgp: 1024/E867BFB fingerprint=04 67 22 3E AD 50 2D 0B  5E 68 4C ED 76 D8 AE 30