Re: Hamm in the Deep-Freeze

On Tue 19 May 1998, Brian White wrote:

> Hamm has now been deep-frozen.  Up until this point I have been allowing
> most packages into Hamm as long as they were bug-fixes only.  Now, the bugs
> must be release-necessary both in the bug system and in my opinion.

Shucks, I was going to upload a new version of isdnutils with a
collection of bugfixes (none are really release-critical). Oh well...

I agree that a line has to be drawn somewhere.

> I ask all developers to please stop uploading anything but serious bug-fixes
> for "frozen".  Thank you.

I hope you're making an exception for uploads of non-i386 architecture
builds of the i386 version? This deepfreeze will help those of us who
were struggling to keep up with the i386 packages.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software, Enschede, the Netherlands