Re: Constutituion, tech. ctte, timing

bmbuck@acsu.buffalo.edu (Buddha Buck)  wrote on 20.05.98 in <"VpcMdB.A.0kG.J80Y1"@murphy>:

> Giving the chair two votes, one cast as if he weren't the chair, and
> one cast as the chair traditionally casts his vote, would give him too
> much power, especially in a small committee.

"Two votes" isn't quite accurate. As I understand it, you could see the
casting vote as, say, a 0.00001 weight vote: when there's even one regular
vote difference between pro and con, the casting vote does nothing.

So, regular+casting vote would be 1.00001 votes - not that much extra
power :-)

FWIW, I think I'd prefer regular+casting for the chair. And I *definitely*
think the leader - being a developer himself - should have a regular
developer vote.

MfG Kai