Re: New APT version

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

> Hi,
> >>"Raul" == Raul Miller <rdm@test.legislate.com> writes:
>
>  Raul> drow <drow@mars.abcinternet.net> wrote:
>  >> Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a problem with looking for
>  >> /dev/*?  What about nfs mount points?
>
>  Raul> Yeah, /etc/mtab should be checked.
>
> 	Umm, then one would need to parse things like noauto et all. I

No, only actually mounted partitions are in mtab and thats where stuff
will be instlled to.

>  did not check for NFS systems since I have noe; did I not make it
>  clear that this was a off-the-cuff proof of concept script?
>
> 	In any case, if people give me an example what a df output on
>  a machine with NFS returns, the deficiency in the script (over which
>  I have spent less than half an hour) can be easily rectfied.

The data for nfs looks just like a normal entry, but the device
consists of <hostname or ip>:<path to the directory to mount>,
e.g. server:/disk1/i386/usr

The problem is that you will get the size of the device the mounted
directorie is on. Any devices mounted into the tree further down are
not counted.
e.g: /disk1/i386/usr is sdb1 100 MB free, /disk/i386/usr/X11R6 is sdb2
500 MB free, df would say server:/disk1/i386/usr 100 mB free.

May the Source be with you.
			Mrvn