Re: gcc 2.7.2.3-4 miscompiles libc6 2.0.7pre1-4

jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl writes:
> On Fri, May 29, 1998 at 05:52:33AM -0600, Philippe Troin wrote:
> > > OK. There's now gcc 2.7.2.3-4.3 in Incoming; I'd appreciate confirmation
> > > that this version can compile a working glibc.
> > >From a quick test, it seems to compile ok glibc.
> > Could we get a summary of the changes between 2.7.2.3-3 and 2.7.2.3-4
> > which broke gcc ?
> Not from me. They were entered into the changelog as "alpha patches", and
> according to Galen came from Michael Alan Dorman.

The patches were from Richard Henderson, who is "da man" as far as
gcc/egcs and alpha are concerned.  I got them from RedHat's srpm and
they applied perfectly to our existing sources.

> AFAIK, getting them in again isn't necessary as egcs' gcc is now the primary
> compiler on Alpha.

That is correct.  Support for the Alpha chip in egcs is so much better
than in gcc-2.7.X, there's no way we could consider going back.

So if you have to take them out, don't worry about us.

Mike.