Re: Consider a gimp contest for the Debian logo

On Sun, Jul 19, 1998 at 08:36:53PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jul 1998 02:05:55 +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
>
> >a) There are some talented artists that can even draw with hand :)
> >b) No need to explain them what a logo is, all submissions I saw were logos.
> >c) They are used with Gimp, graphic processing etc and know about free
> >   software.
> >d) It'll save us time and energy.
>
> >Point b) means that we can concentrate to think about what the logo should
> >*mean* for us, e.g. the content.
>
>     I say go for it.

definitly....man I wish I had some sort of artistic talent

> Of the logos I've seen for the different distributions
> rated on "sexiness" only the blob for the Infomagic CDs rates lower than
> Debian.

:( I sorta like the little "elfos" dude. Hell...I bought 2 Infomagic
Linux T-Shirts and wear them all the time...with that big picture
of elfos on them...
I think hes a cool logo.

> Stampede's is just awesome and Red Hat's is catchy.  I look at
> Debian's Logo and I'm reminded of chicks (baby chickens) in anime/manga with
> the words "Piyu, Piyu" over their heads.  Cute, harmless, best to be stepped
> on and never thought of again.  *shudder*

ROTFL yes....It is a nice logo for some things...but...we could use somethin
a bit more....hmmm...

-Steve

E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"