Re: LSB and package formats

On Tue, Jul 21, 1998 at 05:21:51AM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:

> Then again, we can't even get simple bugs fixed in dpkg...

Is it lack of time of the core developers or a technical problem?

And if dpkg is so hard to maintain (and I'm one of the few people who
actually did take a look at the sources), wouldn't it be a good idea to just
rewrite the damn thing? After all, it *could* probably save time and energy.

Maybe apt is already part of such a fictive reimplementation.

Marcus
far away from his competence here.