Re: Hamm rescue disk failed on me

On Tuesday 21 July 1998, at 18 h 27, the keyboard of Zed Pobre
<zed@moebius.interdestination.net> wrote:

> detection code for aic7xxx).  That's not news.  What *IS* news is that
> I had prepared a rescue disk from the 7-17 version of the disks, and
> that didn't boot either...  with exactly the same problem.
> kernels in their latest incarnation).  I think the 7-17 rescuedisk was
> using 2.0.34, so if the kernel is at fault here the problem might be
> findable between the 2.0.33 and 2.0.34 diffs.

Known problem. Discussed several times on linux-kernel and the aic7xxx
mailing list.

Kernel 2.0.34's new Adaptec 5.0 driver broke several Adaptec cards
(5.1-pre, not yet in any kernel, repaired some of the bugs). I've
submitted it as a bug in hamm but it has been closed, against my opinion.