Re: PROPOSAL: simple masquerading and filtering firewall setup

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> wrote:
> 	Therefore I came up with this proposal, which I think allows
>  for all that. I would appreciate it if this were incorporated in the
>  package.

The only thing I object to is that there's no easy way to tell the
script you want ip forwarding off [I think there should be some kind of
abstraction for stuff to be set in /proc]. Of course, you could just not
install the ipmasq package, but then you lose this infrastructure.

So maybe this whole infrastructure could be put into netbase (and the
config directory renamed /etc/ipfilter/ or some such), and ipmasq
would then just provide .def files?

--
Raul