Re: tech proposal to make manoj somewhat happy.

On Mon, Jul 27, 1998 at 01:07:03PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > However, I needed a book to really get me through a lot of things
> > (hrmm actually, it was one of those online books that was also printed
> > - so I was able to read it with Mosaic:-).
>
> Everyone needs a driver license to be allowed to drive. Every kitchen tool
> has a documentation about 20 pages with it.
>
> I don't think it is too much requested if one should read a 100 pages book
> to get started with a computer.

20 pages that are about quarter to half a normal sheet.  And if it were 100
pages, that's be great.  But it's 611 pages in very nearly A4 format, sans
index and advertizing for other great ORA books.  This isn't Debian specific
naturally and is designed to be complete enough to work for getting you able
to use slackware if you wished to...  =>

It could probably be done for Debian alone in 200 pages if you talk about
the debian way of doing things..  Like compiling a kernel?  That becomes a
page or two if you explain how to use kernel package.  =>