Re: Fixing *other* libtool problem?

On Tue, Jul 28, 1998 at 04:53:24PM +0100, Jules Bean wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jul 1998 fog@irfmn.mnegri.it wrote:
>
> But, does anyone know why Gordon did it this way?  I know him - in the
> sense that I have been on the debian-hurd list from the beginning - and he
> comes across as someone who has reasons for his actions.  Has anyone
> emailed him about it?  It is possible that our changes could be merged
> upstream (possibly as an option...)

Gordon does no longer maintain libtool. He says that he was standing in the
way to get these things fixed :) Probably the better way would be to find
out who does currently maintain libtool, and ask what will be done about
this issues (the problems are known upstream, but remember that Linux is not
the only plattform libtool is supposed to work on).

Marcus