Re: Intent To Package: GLE 3.3h

Hi,
On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Holger Eitzenberger wrote:

>   i intent to package GLE (Graphics Language Editor) , a nifty little
> graphics program to create graphics interactively and from scripts. From
> the readme (gle.txt):
the program is neat indeed. But you know that nothing has been done on the
source for a very long time? The program is good anyway, but not further
developed AFAIK.

>   One question: the linux port was made by a person called Axel Rohde
> whos email address (rohde@physik.uni-kiel.d400.de) is outdated. I don't
> exactly know which changes he made. Do i need also his permission to
> release this package?
He left university about 6 months ago. Are you sure he did the linux port?
If so, he did only subtle changes in the makefile I gather. But what he did
is the DOS and OS/2 port. Again, I _think_ he did only small changes in
the makefile. Plus a few bugfixes which were needed in our group. I can try
to ask around, perhaps I can find his latest code. But I dont have his
current email address, he went for work somewhere down south...

Ciao,
Christian.