Re: Success with 2.88 meg boot image!!!!!

On Wed, Sep 02, 1998 at 06:12:51PM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> YES!!!!
>
> After creating 6 somewhat poor frisbees I have a CD that will boot a 2.88
> meg image file!
>
> Special thanks to Luis Francisco Gonzalez for pointing me to the kernel
> Documents/ramdisk.txt which had all the info I needed.
>
> Several things are a bit unclear (took two CDs/frisbees to figure it all
> out).
[...]

Wow, I'm impressed.  I was privately convinced that it was impossible
because of stupid BIOSes.

Since you've enjoyed success, please harass the hell out of whoever wrote
Documents/ramdisk.txt (or heck, pester ac or Linus himself) to pass on your
knowledge so other folks don't inadvertently make frisbees.  :)

I take it this means Debian 2.1 will have a more manly CD install process?

--
G. Branden Robinson                 |  You can have my PGP passphrase when you
Purdue University                   |  pry it from my cold, dead brain.