Re: CheapBytes CDs again

> On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
>

> > Using CheapBytes CDROMS I had problems with obsolete files in the
> > dselect listing (Dale, debian/hamm does not help! There is not even a
> > debian/hamm directory on the CDs I got). This was caused by missing
> > Packages files on the CDROMs (e.g. main had no contrib Packages files
> > and visa vera). I solved this problem with some symbolic links.
>
> There is either a debian/hamm directory, or there is a debian/main (in
> which case dselect need only be told "debian" as the path}
>
> There are no contrib packages in main (which is the only part of the
> distribution that will fit on one cd) when dselect asks about all the
> other archives (contrib, non-free etc...) you must enter "none", as there
> aren't any on the cd.

CB offer additional CDs with non-free and contrib. But they do not provide a
comfortable to use all three CDs together.

If you do this (assuming that you do the same for contrib and non-free, when
you insert these CDs), you end with many obsolete packages, because the
package file is not available. And that is the problem, my link set solves
(not mentioning the fact that there is no need to change access method every
time you enter a new CDROM).

--
Rainer Dorsch
Abt. Rechnerarchitektur  e-mail:rainer.dorsch@informatik.uni-stuttgart.de