Can we pull KDE?

Supposedly, we have a policy of only distributing code for which we
have a license.  With one notable exception (KDE) we've consistently
said: either the author needs to fix the license, or we don't distribute
the package.

For the case of KDE, we've been influenced into accepting the license
"as-is" based on two arguments:

(1) Since the code is in contrib and non-free, our policies aren't
really relevant, and

(2) KDE has blanket permission posted on their web site, giving us
permission to distribute.

Both of these are bogus.  (1) because we shouldn't have code in contrib
which we don't have a license to distribute and the GPL is very explicit
about this case being one where we don't have a license to distribute,
and (2) because this notice is dubious as a license and there are plenty
of obvious examples where that blanket permission does not apply [see
bugs 25903, 25630, 25628, 25627, and 24643, or recall the kde threads
from just before hamm's release].

I think we should just pull the kde packages out of debian.  When new
packages are available with proper copyrights, we can distribute those.

--
Raul